Imports [General FAQs]

Here you would know the basics and essentials on the workings of VAT in Bahrain. This is a must read and educative knowledgebase for those new to applying VAT within an Organization.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Imports [General FAQs]

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Are imports taxed?
Yes, goods imported into the UAE will be subject to VAT starting on January 1st, 2019.

When should an importer pay VAT?
The importer is due to pay VAT as soon as they submit the tax return. The returns must be filed within 28 days after the end of the tax period in which the import happened.

Do travellers pay VAT on items they bring into the UAE?
If the value of the goods is under 300 BHD, VAT is not applicable on the items they bring in to the BAHRAIN.

If I re-import goods to the UAE that I had previously returned to their country of origin, should I pay VAT?
No, VAT is not applicable in this case.

I am a BAHRAIN national who has been living abroad. If I decide to move back to the BAHRAIN and import my used personal and household items, will I pay VAT?

I am a non-BAHRAIN national moving to the BAHRAIN for the first time. If I import my personal and household items, will I pay VAT?

Do military and internal security forces need to pay VAT when importing taxable goods into the mainland?

I import taxable goods into the UAE mainland. Do I need to pay VAT?
Yes, you must pay VAT on the import. The taxable goods will also be subjected to customs and other additional duties at the time of import.

This applies only to importers who have not registered for VAT.

Return to “Getting Started”

About Us

ITADVISOR.CONSULTING is your go-partner for sourcing strategic guidance in the field of Information Technology and Finance - backed by decades of world-wide experience.

Join our forum to share experience and gain knowledge. Get answers and exchange notes with various experts in respective fields.